- [n] In a University, that organization whose functions are
- To impede wherever possible the development and usefulness of
computing in the University,
- To gain the lion's share of funding, spend it largely on obsolete
and otherwise inappropriate solutions, and convince the departments
and colleges wherever possible to expend their meager funds on the
- To oppose vigorously any new, useful and popular technology for
ten years or more until nearly everyone in the University and
elsewhere in the world is using it, then to adopt that technology and
immediately attempt to gain complete and sole control of it [see UNIX,
The strange word on the PostIt note on the monitor.
- [n] 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an
8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.